Shooting major wedding cinematography projects is a responsible task at all stages of work on the material. Professional photographers and videographers should capture every interesting moment at the ceremony, including both the process of the wedding ceremony and the subsequent festive dinner. Newlyweds take the material very seriously – this is a memory for life. More often, work on editing and processing of the captured photo and video material will be done taking into account the wishes of the newlyweds. Sometimes they themselves participate in developing the structure of the video narrative about the most important event in their life. Especially in a case of full-fledged wedding cinematography project which includes several different volumes. For example – the first volume will show the morning preparations, then the arrival of guests, then the exchange of rings and vows of the newlyweds, and so on. As a camera man, you need to shoot all of the main stages of the ceremony. As the main videographer, you must properly manage the shooting and work of your camera crew and need to divide the project into several basic stages:
- Discussion of details of filming with the newlyweds. Ask them to talk about their views on the project of shooting. Let them show photos that they like or discuss the details of the project on the example of works from their portfolio. Discuss with the newlyweds in which form they want to receive ready-made material on hand, the full cost of the work and other aspects of shooting the future ceremony.
- Coordination of a complete list of locations and scenes of filming. Also, it is necessary to coordinate all the stages of the film with a large number of guests – you need everyone to get in the frame. Otherwise, when watching a wedding video, someone can be offended that he or she did not hit the frame.
- Visit all future locations for the future film in advance to find successful angles and think about future landscapes of filming. As the main film editor, you need to think through all of the shooting aspects, including foreshortenings, general and close-ups, etc.
- Prepare for the unexpected. Charge all batteries and take spare batteries with you, take a few free memory cards. A wedding is an ongoing process. You cannot ask the newlyweds not to exchange rings if suddenly the camera battery has died.
- Distribute responsibilities between members of the camera crew. You have to agree on camera angles and different tasks for everyone, especially if the wedding is big and a lot of guests are invited. One of the operators will record wishes from the guests, the other – the overall atmosphere and so on.
For effective planning of filming a large wedding project, it is desirable to use the latest software – not only the best editing software, but management tools as well. The Zooma application, available throughout the United States, greatly facilitates the project management procedure.
The Zooma application for photographers and videographers allows you to work on several projects at once, thanks to an intuitive interface and a large number of useful features. All of them are available in the working section. With this application, you can not only quickly and effectively find the best professionals in the photo and video industry but also control the execution of real time video production thanks to a user-friendly interface, notification system and internal application chat. Professional videographer always needs to watch the details. The best video editing software requires specific skills to handle all of the program functions.
Planning wedding cinematography projects using specialized and convenient software will not be so laborious and complex. You can assign tasks to your employees who will see them through their profiles in the internal network of the application. A user-friendly interface allows you to assign deadlines for certain tasks and to control their successful execution by chatting. So you will be provided with the necessary information about the process of shooting the wedding cinematography project and can simultaneously perform your own tasks.
Also, the application greatly facilitates the recruitment process. In the “Job Offers” section you can search for the right specialists. Thanks to search filters, you can find or offer the best film industry jobs available. Among the users of the application you can find professional photographers with an impressive portfolio, various specialists involved in camera operator jobs, editing specialists. The best professionals in the photo and video industry in the US use Zooma.